Voting Information for the May 24 Runoff Elections in Harris County, Texas
If you live in Texas and you are not sure if you are properly registered,
you can check your voter registration here!
Since these are runoffs for party primary elections, there are some extra rules you need to know:
How can I VOTE EARLY BY MAIL for the May 24, 2016 election?
- If you voted in this year's Democratic Party primary, you cannot vote in the Republican Party runoff.
- If you voted in this year's Republican Party primary, you cannot vote in the Democratic Party runoff.
- If you did NOT vote in either party's primary, you MAY vote in either party's runoff.
- Regardless of whether or not you vote in a party primary or runoff, you may vote for any party's candidate in the general election in November.
When and where can I VOTE EARLY IN PERSON for the May 24, 2016 election?
Where do I VOTE ON ELECTION DAY, May 24, 2016?
Voting on Election Day, May 24:
If you live in Harris County, you can find where to vote on Election Day by using this page, based on the home address you listed when you registered to vote.
To find your polling place,
enter your 5-digit zip code and click "Continue". You must use a zip code for an actual street address. Zip codes for post office boxes will not be accepted.
Please note that this location is open on Election Day, May 24, only. For voting before May 24, please click here.
Enter your zip code (for the home address where you are registered to vote):
Voting Early By Mail:
You can vote early by mail if you are:
To vote by mail, you must fill out and mail an application so that you will be sent a ballot. You may apply for the ballot on or after Jan. 1. The county must receive your application by May 13. If you are a Harris County voter, you can click here to download an application to vote by mail.
- at least 65 years of age; OR,
- you are sick or disabled; OR,
- confined in jail, but eligible to vote, OR,
- you will be out of Harris County (for any reason) from May 16 - May 20 and also on May 24, so you can't vote during the early voting period nor on Election Day.
Once you receive and mark your ballot, you must mail it so that it is received by 7:00 pm on Election Day. If you apply to vote by mail, and then decide to vote in person instead, you must cancel your request in writing or bring your unmarked ballot with you to the polls for cancellation.
There are special instructions for voters who are serving in the armed forces or who are living outside the United States. For more information, please click here.
Voting Early In Person:
SORRY - EARLY VOTING IN PERSON HAS ENDED. PLEASE SEE THE TOP OF THIS PAGE FOR ELECTION DAY POLLING LOCATIONS.
From May 16 - May 20, any voter registered in Harris County can vote EARLY at the times shown below. For early voting, any voter registered in Harris County can choose ANY of the locations listed below the calendar, regardless of where in Harris County you are registered.
(Note that if you vote on the actual Election Day, May 24, you may vote only in your neighborhood polling place, not the early vote locations shown below. Click here to find your neighborhood polling place for voting on May 24 only.)
Calendar for Voting Early In Person
Locations for Voting Early In Person
You may choose any location listed below to vote before Election Day
if you are registered anywhere in Harris County.
Inside the Loop:
Between the Loop and the Beltway:
- 1 - Harris County Administration Building, 1001 Preston, 1st Floor
- 2 - Moody Park, 3725 Fulton St.
- 3 - Kashmere Multi-Service Center, 4802 Lockwood Dr.
- 4 - Ripley House, 4410 Navigation Blvd.
- 5 - Houston Community College Southeast, Learning Hub, 6815 Rustic
- 6 - Palm Center, 5300 Griggs Road (Enter JP/Constable Door)
- 7 - Fiesta Mart, Inc., 8130 Kirby Drive just south of O.S.T.
- 8 - Metropolitan Multi-Service Center, 1475 West Gray
- 9 - Harris County Public Health Environmental Services, 2223 West Loop South
- 10 - NEW: SPJST Lodge 888, 1435 Beall Street
Outside the Beltway:
- 11 - Northeast Multi-Service Center, 9720 Spaulding
- 12 - NEW: Alvin D. Baggett Community Center, 1302 Keene St., Galena Park
- 13 - John Phelps Courthouse, 101 S. Richey St., Pasadena
- 14 - Sunnyside Multi-Service Center, 4605 Wilmington
- 15 - Hiram Clarke Multi-Service Center, 3810 W. Fuqua
- 16 - Bayland Park Community Center, 6400 Bissonnet near Hillcroft
- 17 - Tracy Gee Community Center, 3599 Westcenter Drive (One Block East of Beltway 8 Off Richmond)
- 18 - Trini Mendenhall Sosa Community Center, 1414 Wirt Rd.
- 19 - Lone Star College Victory Center, 4141 Victory Dr.
- 20 - Acres Homes Multi-Service Center, 6719 West Montgomery Road
- 21 - Hardy Senior Center, 11901 West Hardy Road
- 22 - Octavia Fields Branch Library Annex, 1503 South Houston Avenue, Humble
- 23 - Kingwood Branch Library, 4400 Bens View Lane, Kingwood
- 24 - Lone Star College Atascocita Center, 15903 W. Lake Houston Parkway
- 25 - Crosby Branch Library, 135 Hare Road, Crosby
- 26 - North Channel Branch Library, 15741 Wallisville Road
- 27 - Baytown Community Center, 2407 Market Street, Baytown
- 28 - Harris County Kyle Chapman Courthouse Annex #25, 7330 Spencer Highway, Pasadena
- 29 - Freeman Branch Library, 16616 Diana Lane, Clear Lake
- 30 - Alief ISD Administration Building, 4250 Cook Road
- 31 - NEW: Harris County MUD 81, 805 Hidden Canyon Road, Katy
- 32 - Nottingham Park, 926 Country Place Drive
- 33 - Harris County Annex 57, 19818 Franz Road, Katy
- 34 - NEW: Lone Star College Cypress Center, 19710 Clay Road, Katy
- 35 - City of Jersey Village City Hall, 16327 Lakeview Drive, Jersey Village
- 36 - Richard & Meg Weekley Community Center, 8440 Greenhouse Road, Cypress
- 37 - Juergen's Hall Community Center, 26026 Old Hempstead Highway, Cypress
- 38 - Prairie View A&M University Northwest, 9449 Grant Road
- 39 - NEW: Fallbrook Church, 12512 Walters Road
- 40 - Champion Forest Baptist Church, 4840 Strack Road
- 41 - Tomball Public Works Building, 501B James Street, Tomball
- 42 - Lone Star College Creekside, 8747 West New Harmony Trail, Tomball
- 43 - Champion Life Centre, 3031 FM 2920 Road, Spring
- 44 - Baldwin Boettcher Branch Library, 22248 Aldine Westfield Road, Humble
This information provided as a public service for Harris County residents
by former State Representative Scott Hochberg.
Click to e-mail Scott
All content copyright 2016 Scott Hochberg