I recommend a YES vote on HISD Proposition 1. Click here for my article explaining why.
VOTING INFORMATION FOR THE NOV. 8 ELECTIONS
When and where can I vote early in person in Harris County, TX?
in Harris County, Texas
EARLY VOTING IN PERSON for the Nov. 8 election has begun, and will continue through Nov. 4. Click here for hours and locations.
How do I vote early by mail in Harris County, TX?
EARLY VOTING BY MAIL is happening now. Click here for information and deadlines.
Where do I vote on Election Day, Nov. 8, in Harris County, TX?
TENTATIVE LOCATIONS FOR VOTING ON NOV. 8 have been announced.
Click here for your assigned voting location for voting on Nov. 8 (not for early voting).
If you live in Texas and you are not sure if you are properly registered, you can check your voter registration here. For photo ID requirements for this election, please click here.
From Oct. 24 - Nov. 4, any voter registered in Harris County can vote EARLY at the times shown below. For early voting, any voter registered in Harris County can choose ANY of the locations listed below the calendar, regardless of where in Harris County you are registered.
Voting Early In Person in Harris County, TX:
Calendar for Voting Early In Person
You may choose any location listed below to vote before Election Day, Nov. 8. if you are registered anywhere in Harris County. Locations are listed below the map, with links to a detailed map for each location.
Locations for Voting Early In Person
Inside the Loop:
Between the Loop and the Beltway:
- 1 - Harris County Administration Building, 1001 Preston, 1st Floor, Houston
- 2 - Moody Park, 3725 Fulton St., Houston
- 3 - Kashmere Multi-Service Center, 4802 Lockwood Dr., Houston
- 4 - Ripley House, 4410 Navigation Blvd., Houston
- 5 - Houston Community College Southeast, Parking Garage, 6960 Rustic St., Houston
- 6 - Palm Center, 5300 Griggs Road, Houston (Enter JP/Constable Door)
- 7 - Fiesta Mart, Inc., 8130 Kirby Drive, Houston
- 8 - Metropolitan Multi-Service Center, 1475 West Gray, Houston
- 9 - Harris County Public Health Environmental Services, 2223 West Loop South, 1st Fl., Houston
- 10 - SPJST Lodge 888, 1435 Beall Street, Houston
Outside the Beltway:
- 11 - Northeast Multi-Service Center, 9720 Spaulding, Bldg. 4, Houston
- 12 - NEW: San Jacinto College - North Campus, 5800 Uvalde Rd., Houston
- 13 - Alvin D. Baggett Community Center, 1302 Keene St., Galena Park
- 14 - John Phelps Courthouse, 101 S. Richey St., Pasadena
- 15 - Sunnyside Multi-Service Center, 9314 Cullen, Houston
- 16 - Hiram Clarke Multi-Service Center, 3810 W. Fuqua, Houston
- 17 - Bayland Park Community Center, 6400 Bissonnet, Houston
- 18 - Tracy Gee Community Center, 3599 Westcenter Drive, Houston
- 19 - Trini Mendenhall Sosa Community Center, 1414 Wirt Rd., Houston
- 20 - Lone Star College Victory Center, 4141 Victory Dr., Houston
- 21 - Acres Homes Multi-Service Center, 6719 West Montgomery Road, Houston
- 22 - Hardy Senior Center, 11901 West Hardy Road, Houston
- 23 - Octavia Fields Branch Library Annex, 1503 South Houston Avenue, Humble
- 24 - Kingwood Branch Library, 4400 Bens View Lane, Kingwood
- 25 - Lone Star College Atascocita Center, 15903 W. Lake Houston Parkway, Houston
- 26 - Crosby Branch Library, 135 Hare Road, Crosby
- 27 - Baytown Community Center, 2407 Market Street, Baytown
- 28 - Kyle Chapman Activity Center, 7340 Spencer Highway, Pasadena
- 29 - Freeman Branch Library, 16616 Diana Lane, Houston
- 30 - NEW: Scarsdale County Annex, 10851 Scarsdale Blvd, Houston
- 31 - Alief ISD Administration Building, 4250 Cook Road, Houston
- 32 - Harris County MUD 81, 805 Hidden Canyon Road, Katy
- 33 - Nottingham Park, 926 Country Place Drive, Houston
- 34 - NEW:Katy Branch Library, 5414 Franz Road, Katy
- 35 - Bear Creek Park Community Center, 3055 Bear Creek Drive, Houston
- 36 - Lone Star College Cypress Center, 19710 Clay Road, Katy
- 37 - City of Jersey Village City Hall, 16327 Lakeview Drive, Jersey Village
- 38 - Richard & Meg Weekley Community Center, 8440 Greenhouse Road, Cypress
- 39 - Juergen's Hall Community Center, 26026 Old Hempstead Highway, Cypress
- 40 - Prairie View A&M University Northwest, 9449 Grant Road, Houston
- 41 - Fallbrook Church, 12512 Walters Road, Houston
- 42 - Champion Forest Baptist Church, 4840 Strack Road, Houston
- 43 - Tomball Public Works Building, 501B James Street, Tomball
- 44 - Lone Star College Creekside, 8747 West New Harmony Trail, Tomball
- 45 - Champion Life Centre, 3031 FM 2920 Road, Spring
- 46 - Baldwin Boettcher Branch Library, 22248 Aldine Westfield Road, Humble
You can vote early by mail if you are:
Voting Early By Mail in Harris County, TX:
To vote by mail, you must fill out and mail an application so that you will be sent a ballot. The county must receive your application no later than October 28. If you are a Harris County voter, you can click here to download an application to vote by mail.
- at least 65 years of age; OR,
- you are sick or disabled; OR,
- confined in jail, but eligible to vote, OR,
- you will be out of Harris County (for any reason) from Oct. 24 - Nov. 4 and also on Nov. 8, so you can't vote during the early voting period nor on Election Day.
Once you receive and mark your ballot, you must mail it so that it is received by 7:00 pm on Election Day. If you apply to vote by mail, and then decide to vote in person instead, you must cancel your request in writing or bring your unmarked ballot with you to the polls for cancellation.
There are special instructions for voters who are serving in the armed forces or who are living outside the United States. For more information, please click here.
(For early voting before Nov. 8, please click here.)
Voting on Election Day, Nov. 8, in Harris County, TX:
To find your voting location,
enter the 5-digit zip code for the home address where you are registered to vote. Then click "Continue".
You must use a zip code for an actual street address. Zip codes for post office boxes will not be accepted.
This information provided as a public service for Harris County residents
by former State Representative Scott Hochberg.
Click to e-mail Scott
All content copyright 2016 Scott Hochberg